Reference Data Guide
Reference Data is used to classify entities or their properties using a standard set of descriptors. These
include categories such as Family Tree Role, Job Position, Industry, Business Entity Type (i.e., Legal Form), and
many others. The Reference Data API provides a list of these descriptors.
Reference Data codes may be needed for the following:
- Search requests: Obtain values for the requests parameters that require codes in order to perform a search.
- Responses: Identify the possible codes that will be returned in responses to create rules that can be
triggered when ingesting the data.
Using the API
Using the API, you can:
- Submit a request to retrieve all available categories. See the Get All Categories API page for details. Once submitted the
response will return all categories and their respective IDs.
- Choose the desired category name or ID and submit a request to get all available codes for that category. See
the Get All Codes for Category API page for details.
- Use one of the codes obtained from the specified category in a search request. For example, see the Criteria Search API page for request parameters requiring values
that can be obtained from the Reference Data API.